My battery is draining while still plugged in?

I

iMore Question

My battery is draining while still plugged in??? Help!!!!

When I plug in my phone, it vibrates and says its charging but the battery percentage is still going down, even when I'm not on it. The phone is not taking a charge but it says its plugged in. I've tried many cords and tried plugging the cord into many different outlets and still get the same result.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: My battery is draining while still plugged in??? Help!!!!

Are you using the Apple OEM charger? If so, it may have issues... If cables are verified as good with other devices... It could be you've got issues with your phone that need professional repair/replacement.

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

How old is your phone? After a few years, the battery will not hold a charge. What is going on in the background? It is possible to have enough happening on your phone that it still drains while charging. GPS can do this in the car. If you have a certain popular game running amuck in the background, that could do it, especially combined with an older phone that has trouble holding a charge.

Just a reminder: trying to save a few dollars on an unauthorized charging cable can kill you. It's not worth it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Do you know for sure it's charging? Do you see the little lightning bolt next to the battery icon in the status bar?