Large to small?

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
large to small?

anyone going from a plus to a smaller size next time around?
dont get me wrong plus is a beauty but the lifestyle day to day size/pocket can be annoying

anyone else feel the same way for a daily driver

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
large to small?

I've gone from a 6 Plus back down to a 6/6S. I'm now back up to a 6S Plus and sticking with the 5.5" form factor.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: large to small?

dont get me wrong plus is a beauty but the lifestyle day to day size/pocket can be annoying

No ma'am. I plan to maintain the 5.5" version when I purchase the next iPhone this coming fall.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

From here on out and as long as Apple continues to make 5.5"+ screen iPhones, I will purchase them.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I've had a 6 Plus, a 6s Plus, and I'll have a 7 Plus too. No small phones in the foreseeable future for me!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I've had the 6 Plus, 6s Plus, and now 6s. There are a few things I like more on the Plus. Battery life, OIS, and screen real estate being the main three. However I have smaller hands, and the smaller phone just fits so much nicer in the hand. I can one hand if I need to. I'm pretty much on the fence on which I'll go to. Maybe the iPhone 8, rumored no bezel 5" will be perfect.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

Already went from 6 plus to 6; personally prefer the smaller form factor.

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
For me there was never problem with the screen size on the Plus, though I have to say that I always felt a little.... short changed?? Just because of the screen real estate vs the actual size of the phone. Before owning my 6s I had an LG G3.. The screen size was the same as the 6/6s Plus, but the phone was a solid 1/2in shorter and about an 1/8th thinner. This makes a huge difference in pockets!

Going from the big screen to a smaller one was honestly fine for me, but that's opinion. I could definitely go for a larger screen next time, dependent on what Apple does about screen-to-body ratio.

Jean Sagarese

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
if I stay with Apple it will be the largest that they make, if I go to Android as I am considering it will either be the s7 edge or the new Note

clickitykeys

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm considering going to a smaller phone when the time comes for me to switch, which won't be any time soon.

I originally preferred the 6S Plus over the 6S for the superior battery life and camera. While the battery life of the Plus is indeed far superior to that of the 6S, it is an unwieldy piece of hardware, and does not fit readily in my pocket. I notice this often because I commute by bike in regular clothes.

It is a tradeoff. Do I want short battery life or an unwieldy size? #firstworldproblems

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

I went SE and will continue to until they stop making these sized phones.

I want to love the SE but some test messages on my niece's SE showed me that the screen was MUCH too small now that I've grown accustomed to the larger Plus.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711