Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By robertk328
  • 1 Post By iOS Gravity
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default My data usage seems high

I have Comcast as my internet provider and over the last 7 months I've found that I have used over an average of 300-400gb of data even though I only downloaded 5 movies over that same period, check email, some music, I don't stream videos, check Facebook, l live alone, I do use a iPod, I use my phone occasionally so my question: is this normal?
  2. Best Answer

300-400gb over the whole 7 months? Probably not all that bad.
    Do you use iCloud Photo Library? iCloud backups? All those things will add to your usage.

Default Re: My data usage seems high

Up to 400 "gigabytes" of data? If so, you're either not telling the complete usage history or there's an issue with your wireless carrier's data computing mechanism. Get with your wireless carrier regarding this matter. Thanks.

300-400gb over the whole 7 months? Probably not all that bad.
    Do you use iCloud Photo Library? iCloud backups? All those things will add to your usage.
    Tartarus likes this.
    iMore Elite

Default My data usage seems high

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    I have Comcast as my internet provider and over the last 7 months I've found that I have used over an average of 300-400gb of data even though I only downloaded 5 movies over that same period, check email, some music, I don't stream videos, check Facebook, l live alone, I do use a iPod, I use my phone occasionally so my question: is this normal?
    No biggie. Comcast gives much more data than that.
    iMore Genius

400GB of data is a lot for one person. You must have a lot of background downloads and updates happening on your devices. I checked my usage and it's a little under 300 GB per month in my household.
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by iMore Question View Post
    no with this what you say it isnt chek if someone is hacking youre wifi
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: Why is my data usage so high?

hahahahahaha,,,,300-400gb over the whole 7 months? Probably not all that bad.
    First thing to do: Change your WiFi password (or create one if you don't have) and check if that reduces data download usage.

Comcast is the OP's Internet provider? I haven't known them to do cellular. The OP must be talking about wifi. 300 to 400 gb of wifi in 7 months isn't so bad. I get about 300 gb a month with Comcast, but only use about 20 gb.