Why am I unable to get Instagram notifications?

I

iMore Question

I can't get Instagram notifications.

I have Instagram downloaded on my phone and have for a good 2 years. But for the past 2 months I haven't been able to get notifications. They're turned on in the app, but it says to go to the phone settings and turn on those notifications, but there is no notification option for that app. It's the only app that I have downloaded and it's not there. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and no luck. I don't know if it's because I have to many followers? I have about 15.4k but still would like to get notifications. Any help?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: I can't get Instagram notifications.

Welcome to iMore! Go to Settings > Notifications > Instagram, and you should see the usual slew of notification settings.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I can't get Instagram notifications.

If you don't see the notifications option in Settings > Notifications > Instagram than just delete Instagram from your phone and reinstall it. Make sure when after logging in on Instagram, to allow notifications when prompted.

MessterHD

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

959517b4a88e97cd57e000f24ecaa1ed.jpg

It should be like on the picture. You'll get all notifications instead of badget icon. It's not working at all because they don't support it.

jujubean107

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
What I did worked

If you didn't already figure it out I can still help.... I just had your problem and then I undownloaded it and redownloaded it and I logged in, about 3 sec after they asked me if I wanted to allow instagram notifications..... when I first downloaded it I must have accidentally clicked no so try that because after I did that it worked.

bela112

Dec 3, 2016
Visit site

I have Instagram downloaded on my phone and have for a good 2 years. But for the past 2 months I haven't been able to get notifications. They're turned on in the app, but it says to go to the phone settings and turn on those notifications, but there is no notification option for that app. It's the only app that I have downloaded and it's not there. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and no luck. I don't know if it's because I have to many followers? I have about 15.4k but still would like to get notifications. Any help?

nishanth_nm

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site

I am also having the same problem , I tried all methods , still I have not got any solution , no one is replying for that alone

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods