- iMore Intermediate
- 228 Posts
How can I tell if my T-Mobile iPhone is unlocked?
I reached out to T-Mobile over 24 hours ago to request an unlock. They tried sending me the email 6 times but it was never received. I contacted them again and the rep said that it shows as approved in their system.
I have restored 6 times in iTunes using the T-Mobile sim and another carrier sim (as suggested by Apple) and I cannot get the "Congratulations" message to appear. I do see the carrier name of the non T-Mobile sim, and it has 5 bars. That sim isn't active so I can't test calls.
I tried imei.info and the unlock status comes back as unknown.
Is there any other way to confirm the status? I don't want to send it to the buyer until I know for sure.
- Best AnswerJun 17 2016 | 8:03 pm EDT
If you see a carrier other than T-Mobile it's unlocked. Don't sweat it, when in doubt, ask a friend for his non-T-Mobile sim to test it.
- 06-17-2016, 08:03 PM #2
- By Bad Larry in forum Apple WatchReplies: 4Last Post: 06-18-2016, 08:03 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 1Last Post: 06-17-2016, 08:30 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-17-2016, 07:33 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 06-17-2016, 05:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 06-17-2016, 05:40 PM