What are the differences between Swift Playground and Swift?

I

iMore Question

I am new to iOS app writing, what is the difference between Swift and Swift Playground?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Swift is a programming language created by Apple for people to use to develop Apple product apps. Swift Playground is an app Apple created to help developers especially newer ones and the young learn Swift. :)

FloatingBones

May 6, 2014
Visit site
pkcable's answer is correct. Besides teh language, Playgrounds allows you to explore a variety of Swift APIs. The Keynote demo shows the use of the gyroscope API, and the demo from the WWDC 2016 session #408 shows more.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Swift is the programming language of the future, but it's good to know a few other languages like Objective C or more preferable C++ when developing for iOS or the sort.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I went the OTHER way! I traded my PCs in for Macs! Got a 27 inch iMac for the desktop and a 12 inch Mac Book for the laptop! (OK I still have a windows laptop too! lol)

I like how efficient macs are as my MBA could handle games better than an i7 laptop, but more there's more software support for Windows and a wider variety of devices to buy. Not to mention that you can build your own.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73