Should I go for iPhone or Android?

GSM-S

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello, iMore.

I have been a BlackBerry user for years and I'm stuck between deciding between Android and iOS.
I'm currently on a "Smart 24 tab" Fido Plan. I'm managed to narrow my options down, but I'm stuck deciding between picking the following:

*LG G4
24 tab $0
Android 6 (not sure about upgrade to 7)
32GB Storage
1.8GHz Hexa CPU
3GB RAM

*iPhone 5S
24 tab $0
Upgradable to iOS10
16GB storage
A7 chip CPU
1GB RAM

*iPhone SE #1
24tab $350
64GB Storage
A9 chip CPU
2GB RAM

*iPhone SE #2
24tab $220
16GB Storage
A9 chip CPU
2GB RAM

What option would you guys recommend?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello, iMore.

I have been a BlackBerry user for years and I'm stuck between deciding between Android and iOS.
I'm currently on a "Smart 24 tab" Fido Plan. I'm managed to narrow my options down, but I'm stuck deciding between picking the following:

*LG G4
24 tab $0
Android 6 (not sure about upgrade to 7)
32GB Storage
1.8GHz Hexa CPU
3GB RAM

*iPhone 5S
24 tab $0
Upgradable to iOS10
16GB storage
A7 chip CPU
1GB RAM

*iPhone SE #1
24tab $350
64GB Storage
A9 chip CPU
2GB RAM

*iPhone SE #2
24tab $220
16GB Storage
A9 chip CPU
2GB RAM

What option would you guys recommend?

NOT that I'm at all biased toward Apple (except that I am) but the 64 GB iPhone SE is the direction I would go. At the end of the day it all boils down to your needs and tastes.

Laura Knotek

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't recommend any of the 16 GB storage models, since space will be limited once you start installing apps.

The 64 GB SE would be a great option, and it will be updated for quite some time, since it's a new device.

The LG G4 has some issues with devices that go into a bootloop of death. There is a lengthy thread on Android Central about those problems. http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/636120-kinda-official-lg-g4-hard-brick-thread.html Therefore, I wouldn't recommend that particular Android device.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
64gb SE.
You're in an apple forum so folks will recommend Apple more. That said, I've tried Android many times over the years and I just find it buggy and unintuitive. I know it's better now, but I just keep coming back to my iPhone. It's your decision ultimately. Get what works for you.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Being a former Blackberry user myself I bought a 6s 64 and am quite happy would never consider going Android that's one reason I left if I had to choose between the choices stated it would be a SE 64 for sure .

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
As a former true believer in Blackberry, I say go with Android. It has quite a bit of annoying issues so you should feel right at home with it. I had a Samsung flagship device 2 years ago and kept it for almost 36 hours before getting an iPhone. While the iPhone does have its faults, Email is a chore, Its better than Android

Stan Jackson

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I agree. Ive had androids longer than ive had iphones and I prefer Apple. While the experience is great out of the box, later I started to hate it. With Apple, there is consistency if nothing else, which in the long run won me over. No buggyness what so ever.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a Samsung S7 flat, Iphone 6S and a Iphone SE 16 gb. All of them are really great phones. S7 isn't att all laggy, it runs just as great as any of mine Iphones. This isn't a thing any one else than you can decide. It about what Os you want to use. Both Android and IOS are great but in different ways, it's all about what's best for you. IPhone SE has a smaller screen but at the same time it's easy to handle and have in a pocket. S7 is a bigger phone with a screen that's great. Take a trip to a store where you can tried them all and then make a decision

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Former BlackBerry user here.
Although I currently use all four major platforms, my daily driver and my first choice is iOS. Since I currently use an iPhone SE on my third line, I would say the better option is the 64GB iPhone SE.
I haven't looked back since dropping BlackBerry as my daily driver, but I can say that no Android device has satisfied me as a daily driver. Therefore, my suggestion would be the iPhone SE 64GB.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
My recommendation would be to read several reviews for each of the phones you're considering. Next step would be to go to a store and evaluate each phone in person. From that, make your decision.

J Dubbs

Jun 22, 2016
Visit site
I agree. Ive had androids longer than ive had iphones and I prefer Apple. While the experience is great out of the box, later I started to hate it. With Apple, there is consistency if nothing else, which in the long run won me over. No buggyness what so ever.

I just bought a brand new $400 android phone (got it on sale for $300) and even tho it looks amazing...big ole' high res screen, fancy looking case with high end specs/camera etc, it does me no good because the android 6.0 its running on is terrible, the phone hasn't worked right from day one. It's basically all show and no go. And for a phone I need to depend on daily that's unacceptable :mad:
The issues this phone is having is 100% software related.

I'm ready to try some consistency....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW