Is it possible to make app notifications appear as "private" on iOS 9?
I am a user who came from Android and used a setting which made all app notifcations appear as Private on the lockscreen.
I now own the iPhone 5s and I want to enable such feature so I know that people aren't looking at my business.
Is it possible to make app notifications, such as Instagram, appear as private on the lockscreen?
- Best AnswerJun 12 2016 | 10:51 am EDT
Settings > Notifications > for each notification turn "Show on Lock Screen" to OFF
- 06-12-2016, 10:49 AM #2
- 06-12-2016, 10:51 AM #3
- 06-12-2016, 10:54 AM #4
- 06-12-2016, 01:16 PM #5
- 24,986 Posts
Re: Is it possible to make app notifications appear as "private" on iOS 9?
Not sure what the OP meant. Sounds like he wants a lock screen alert, but not one that shows anything.
OP. The lock screen notifications don't show much and only stay lit up a short moment. If you don't want it at all, do as suggested above.
- 06-12-2016, 05:29 PM #6
- By roy huntington in forum iPhone 5Replies: 2Last Post: 06-13-2016, 09:30 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 06-12-2016, 08:57 AM
- By PompiPompi in forum OS X El Capitan (10.11)Replies: 1Last Post: 06-12-2016, 08:26 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 06-12-2016, 07:59 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad 2Replies: 1Last Post: 06-12-2016, 06:01 AM