Will Apple ever develop their own Search Engine?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Apple Search Engine

I wonder will apple ever develop their own Search Engine to compete with Google i hope so id never use Google again. I despise google

randally

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Apple Search Engine

I've switched all my devices to use DuckDuckGo as the default search site. They do not track your searches.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

is there a way to stop google showing your location at the very end of a page search what i mean is if you go to google.com type in something like apple scroll all the way down are you being shown your location or a rough location of where you are

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

All of my devices, including my MacBook Air are set to Google.
I'm sure if someone or some company wanted to locate me, they could even if I didn't use Google. :)
Good Luck

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

Not really.
I just searched "car wash"
The top 3 listing were the closes to me.
Scrolled all the way down & no ads.
This was using Safari on my iPad Air
F there have been ads n the past, I've haven't noticed them or just conditioned myself to ignore them.
Good Luck
Good Luck

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

Cool no concern just wanted to know it wasn't just me. And I don't like websites knowing my location in quite a private person is all

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

You never know what Apple has up its sleeves but I'm perfectly fine using Google. The search engine is lightyears ahead of any of its competitors and Google generally does services way better than Apple (i.e. Good Docs, Gmail, Maps).

Yes, Google shows my location at the bottom of the page because I've given them access to it in order to receive more relevant search results.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

How do u turn it off. I know how to on the iOS devices but I don't know how to on my Mac please help

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

How do u turn it off. I know how to on the iOS devices but I don't know how to on my Mac please help

Open Safari, then go to Safari > Preferences > Privacy. You can change your location services settings there.

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 9.14.25 PM.png

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

Yeah I did that still didn't work I have cookies enabled and then in the second section I have deny without prompting but it's still showing my location

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Are you seeing your location at the end of the page after u do a Google search

You can turn off sites having your location. Go to Settings > Privacy > location services > scroll down to Safari websites > check never.
b0b511ebbf1c05d5156208f20ee92889.jpg

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah I did that still didn't work I have cookies enabled and then in the second section I have deny without prompting but it's still showing my location

Is it just an estimated location? Web sites--not just Google--often track visitors' geographic locations and they don't need your permission. They can tell approximately where you are based on your IP address.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods