Can't fully remove game data
I want to delete data from a game so that the game can be started from scratch. I have tried every possible way to do this that I have found through online searches including:
Deleting iCloud Backup
Deleting the Game App and Data
Deleting the game in Game Center
various combinations of the above
When I go to the App store, it has the 'download from cloud' icon so I am assuming the data is somehow being stored their?
- 05-28-2016, 04:08 PM #2iMore Expert
- 799 Posts
Re: Can't fully remove game data
If the game connect to Game Center, chances are that some information of your game data are stored on the game provider server. The only way you could start from scratch is to create a new Game Center account as your present Game Center account is linked to the game provider data where Game Center can fetch some information such as your level, your coins, your resources etc from.
This is why even if you change a new device and install the game on your new device and login with your account, you will resume from where you left it at. Unless you create a new account, you can't achieve what you want to do because you don't have access to the game provider server to reset your information in there.
- 05-28-2016, 05:36 PM #3
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 0Last Post: 05-28-2016, 03:04 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 05-28-2016, 11:53 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-28-2016, 08:14 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 05-27-2016, 07:11 PM