Can I use an external storage drive between Windows OS and Apple OS to read and write the data?

I

iMore Question

can i use external storage drive between windows OS and apple OS to read and write the data?

I have a window based laptop and planning to but mac book air . But i need to confirm whether i would be able to copy and store the data in external storage drive between windows platform and OS X platform?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: can i use external storage drive between windows OS and apple OS to read and write the data?

Welcome to iMore!

Yes you will be able too. The best way to do it is with a drive formatted as exFAT. You will need to format your drive to do this though. So when you do it, if there is anything on the drive it will be lost. Many guides available on how to do it with a quick search.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: can i use external storage drive between windows OS and apple OS to read and write the data?

I use an external drive all the time between my iMacs and my clients who use Windows based PC's and as firedept10 stated you must format the drive as exFAT.

I also use the standard USB jump drives to transfer files back and both between both platforms.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77