Time to Leave alert in calendar?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Time to Leave alert in calendar

Hey just wondering can users add a time to leave reminder for FB events on calendar as for some reason it doesnt give me that option only gives me the time to leave reminder for mail events added to calendar and events i created myself. Also when you get a restaurant reservation sent to you in mail does the layout matter on how its written so long as it includes the location etc or does it have to be like the following or can it be written anyway

Date : .......

Venue:.....

Time:....

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Time to Leave alert in calendar

As for the first question, I have never done a Facebook event for Calendar. But I have received a few. Looking at a current Facebook event I have, it shows a default alert time of 2 hours before. I can change that to any of these:
ad17d1cf9dca339d643dafa396c515ad.jpg

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

So your saying once the time to leave alert is turned on in settings it should work for fb too is that right

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

So your saying once the time to leave alert is turned on in settings it should work for fb too is that right

The alert is from the calendar. I've never known Facebook to remind of events. It's set on Facebook, but shows in the Calendar and the alert comes from there.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

Yeah I know but for some reason I'm not seeing the op On for time to leave reminder for fb events in calendar only for events I create manually myself in calendar

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

I'm confused are you saying for time to leave reminders for Facebook events come from fb or th calendar

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

When you send out Facebook event invites, the recipient has Facebook events enabled on their Calendar on the iPhone, the event is added to the Calendar. Then it reminds with an alert like other Calendar events.
ab01449751b085914cd96be8617416d5.jpg

I'm sure if you look in Facebook you'll find info on the event. There may be a Facebook notification you can set for events. I don't recall. If it's not in the Facebook Settings in the App, it may be found on Facebook online. It usually has more.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

Yeah but your misunderstanding my question there's an alert you can turn on for an event you set up allied time to leave which notifies you and tells you when to leave to get to the destination on time. But this option doesn't seem to be available for fb notifications within calendar

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Yeah but your misunderstanding my question there's an alert you can turn on for an event you set up allied time to leave which notifies you and tells you when to leave to get to the destination on time. But this option doesn't seem to be available for fb notifications within calendar

Correct. It isn't available for Facebook calendar events.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Time to Leave alert in calendar

My Calendar alerts me 2 hours before the Facebook event. That's my understanding of what you ask.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

My Calendar alerts me 2 hours before the Facebook event. That's my understanding of what you ask.

OP is asking if it can predict leave times based on distance and traffic conditions. For example, alerting you that you need to leave for work at 8:30 knowing it will take a half hour to get there and you're scheduled at 9:00 on your calendar.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

OP is asking if it can predict leave times based on distance and traffic conditions. For example, alerting you that you need to leave for work at 8:30 knowing it will take a half hour to get there and you're scheduled at 9:00 on your calendar.

I don't think regular Calendar events do all that, much less a Facebook event. There's a "travel time" setting on calendar events, but it just blocks the calendar during that time. You're suggesting it would do similar to the Frequent Location feature in location services. Maybe a 3rd party app. IDK.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

you can doc do it in calendars it an option for events you create

All I see that does is alert you X minutes before time to leave, rather than X minutes before the event begins. Is that what you see? So for the Facebook events, just set the alert time for X minutes before you leave. It will say before the event. But just pretend the event time is when you leave. As long as you know what the alarm is for, it doesn't really matter.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I'm having issues with the Native Calendar "Time to Leave" Alerts.
If I set one from my iPad Air or from my iPhones 6S, I don't get the Alerts on either device but I'm getting them on my MacBook Air.
TIA

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73