Android Wear with an iPhone, any reviews out?

I

iMore Question

Android Wear

I'd be curious to read a review of using Android Wear with an iPhone. I'm a recent Android to iOS convert, but I'm heavily invested in Google apps. I had a first gen Moto360 with an Android phone and am considering getting an Apple Watch, but would like to know how functional the newer Android Wear options are with iOS, and how it compares to Apple Watch with Google apps (ie Google Now)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android Wear

Personally, I do not have any Android products so I'm not able to answer your question, but hopefully, you won't have to wait long to get a reply from someone who can. Take care...:)

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Android Wear

Does Android Wear even work with the iPhone?

Yes it does, but with some limitations. Third party apps won't work, and either will text messaging or Bluetooth audio streaming. OK Google is quite limited too.

If you're an iPhone user you'll be MUCH better off with an Apple Watch.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Android Wear

As mentioned above, there are some serious restrictions / limitations to using Android Wear on iOS, however THIS article lays out the drawbacks pretty well.

Basically, there isn't much of an app ecosystem for the Android Wear watches yet on iOS and watch faces are pretty much non existent... you get to select from the ones that came with the watch.

If you already have the Android Wear watch and the iPhone, then you got nothing to lose. Download the Android Wear app for iOS and play around a bit.

If you decide you want something more "full featured" maybe wait a bit for AW to mature on iOS or consider a Pebble or Apple smartwatch.

Best of luck!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711