What Have You Done for Me Lately, Apple?

Smitty1968

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I suppose it goes with the territory when you're the most legendary and gigantic consumer electronics company on the planet, and you exist in an astoundingly interconnected world that demands amazement on a daily basis. But, my goodness, I find the levels of expectation and the amount of doom-crying among critics and observers of Apple to be completely ridiculous. The company has created an amazing array of products and services. They could never produce another new product or service and still go down in history as one of the most significant technology companies of all time. They have more than earned the right to take a breath and be given some time before they blow our minds again with the next game-changing product. But that ain't happening. The expectations for Apple to deliver mind-blowing products and services every quarter are simply ridiculous. I can't think of any other company that exists under such insane expectations to continuously deliver revolutionary new products. Hell, Coca-Cola puts out the same product every year, and no one expects them to reinvent the soft drink business every four months. I wonder if these incredibly high expectations excite and inspire the leaders of Apple or turn them into basketcases.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's the age we're living in, my friend. Those who consume do not seem to appreciate the efforts and sacrifices of those who produce anymore. The entitlement mindset is a disease and it primarily affects those who've never known life without the internet, in my opinion.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it goes with the territory when you're the most legendary and gigantic consumer electronics company on the planet, and you exist in an astoundingly interconnected world that demands amazement on a daily basis. But, my goodness, I find the levels of expectation and the amount of doom-crying among critics and observers of Apple to be completely ridiculous. The company has created an amazing array of products and services. They could never produce another new product or service and still go down in history as one of the most significant technology companies of all time. They have more than earned the right to take a breath and be given some time before they blow our minds again with the next game-changing product. But that ain't happening. The expectations for Apple to deliver mind-blowing products and services every quarter are simply ridiculous. I can't think of any other company that exists under such insane expectations to continuously deliver revolutionary new products. Hell, Coca-Cola puts out the same product every year, and no one expects them to reinvent the soft drink business every four months. I wonder if these incredibly high expectations excite and inspire the leaders of Apple or turn them into basketcases.

This is the reason I've curtailed dramatically my participation in tech sites.
When you have critics, whose platform of choice is trading in the single digits, celebrating Apple's perceived doom and infecting every Apple centric site with their diseased compulsion to attack Apple, then it's time to walk away.
I only visit tech sites occasionally now.
I spend most of my time pursuing other activities and interests. Only visit tech sites when I get a notification on Tapatalk that looks interesting.
Apple will continue to be my choice for tech because they give me what I want. I ignore the ranters, haters, bullies, and armchair CEOs. If Apple makes the products you like, enjoy them and keep using them until they no longer meet your need.
The rest? Let them stew in the juices of their own venom.

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I ignore the ranters, haters, bullies, and armchair CEOs.

But without such people, isn't this site just a collection of posts asking for technical support in astonishingly bad grammar? I suspect the reasons this site is much less active than before are:
1. It's now a bit boring.
2. It made my browser run incredibly slowly until I disabled all plugins.

The rest? Let them stew in the juices of their own venom.

Oh, the irony.

Last edited:

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
But without such people, isn't this site just a collection of posts asking for technical

Without the constant barrage of anti Apple instigators any Apple centric site would be a place for technical help, discussion of Apple products, rumours and news, and off topic. Interestingly, it would be exactly as this site is built. Minus the contingents from other platforms turning any positive Apple discussion into an anti Apple battle.

astonishingly bad grammar?

I find that, in general, people who complain about grammar on a site dedicated to tech have either lost an argument and use spelling and grammar to deflect from such a loss or have nothing of substance to add to a discussion.

I suspect the reasons this site is much less active than before are:

I no longer visit this site with any regularity so I can't comment as to whether it's more or less active.
1. If the site is boring to you, then your choices are:
a. Contribute something interesting
b. Find another site
c. Add something of value to an existing thread
2. Your removal of the plug in in your browser has no impact on whether the site is active or not. Unless you are trying to say that the site is slow to load and therefore less active as a result. If that is the case, on the few times I access this site on my laptop, I don't find the site slow to load at all. So your experience with your machine does not in itself provide a substantial reason for the presumed inactivity of this site, given that your experience is not reflective of the millions of readers of this site.

Oh, the irony.

I don't believe you understand the meaning of irony as a literary device. If you wish to claim irony, point it out. Otherwise we're back to a discussion of grammar or literary devices on a tech forum which is, as I noted above, evidence of a lack of argument.

My point stands. My experience is that the constant presence on anti Apple zealots of Apple centric sites have resulted in my absence from these sites. Which was a direct response to the doom cryers and critics noted in the OP.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
But without such people, isn't this site just a collection of posts asking for technical support in astonishingly bad grammar? I suspect the reasons this site is much less active than before are:

We actually have a very active site but it comes in waves just like anything else. Everyone is permitted to express their thoughts and opinions (even if they aren't necessarily Apple-centric) as long as the conversation stays respectful. One of the main reasons for poor grammar is that we have members from literally all over the world, especially in China. English is second language to some of these people. Nonetheless, we welcome them and do our best to communicate effectively.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
[WARN] Please do not troll in the forums. Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Do not make posts just for creating arguments. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of trolling posts and/or harassment of other members will be treated seriously. Mobile Nations has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. Our sites are friendly places - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it! [/WARN]

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
[WARN] Please do not troll in the forums. Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users. Do not make posts just for creating arguments. Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of trolling posts and/or harassment of other members will be treated seriously. Mobile Nations has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. Our sites are friendly places - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it! [/WARN]

Well said!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods