I am planning on buying an iPad Mini 4 wifi + cell or iPad Pro 7.9 for traveling purposes, any suggestions?

I

iMore Question

I am planning on buying an ipad mini 4 wifi + cell or ipad pro 7.9 for traveling purposes

I am not a good tech person. I would like to know if I buy either an ipad mini 4 or a ipad pro 7.9 what is the best way to use the SIM card when I travel overseas without incurring in roaming charges. And when I return to the US from my trip I can get it connected to the carrier that I have with my iphone 6 (Verizon) or I need to get it connected to another carrier instead of Verizon?, and have the option to change carriers every time I travel overseas. I need the GPS feature (location) every time I take pictures so the information of the location where I took the picture is already in so I do not have to write the info afterwards. Please advise.
Jenny

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am planning on buying an ipad mini 4 wifi + cell or ipad pro 7.9 for trav...

Disable data roaming in the cellular settings on the device or disable "cellular" when you're not using it. The iPads are unlocked so just purchase an pre-paid SIM either from a local carrier or a carrier abroad and use it when necessary.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods