Macbook 2016 or iPad Pro 12.9?

brookeyydooo

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
If you were in the market for a new device to replace a heavier laptop (macbook pro, iMac, or PC)
Which would you choose? Why would you choose?
Could you totally be able to use strictly iOS?
Share your feedback

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you were in the market for a new device to replace a heavier laptop (macbook pro, iMac, or PC)
Which would you choose? Why would you choose?
Being that I purchased my current 9.7" iPad Pro to replace my aging easily 2009 model MacBook, I would now purchase a MacBook Air or Pro if I was in the market for a new computing device unless Apple releases an IPadOS along with IOS 10.
Could you totally be able to use strictly iOS?
Share your feedback
Yes. I'm basically doing it right now...:)

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I would have to vote for the MacBook. I have an iPad 4 and iOS just does not cut it for me. There are many good apps available and many people have gone to the iPad alone. That is fine if you are doing something that does not require any serious editing or designing. Most apps are watered down versions of their big brother apps that can run on a Macbook.

I need a laptop as the editing I do of photos and design work, can not be done on an iPad to my liking. I have tried and never got the same result as a laptop. I would go with the bottom end one as I have an iMac for my serious workhorse. I would use it for business, so therefore I would keep my large apps to a minimum. Only what I needed to conduct business at clients place. Which is what I currently use my MBP for.

But please do not get me wrong the iPad is a serious device and can do a lot more than it ever has. As I said a lot have people have gone for an iPad for everyday use over a laptop and I can fully understand why. Ultimately you will need to decide if it will meet all your needs. Especially if you have no other devices in case the iPad can not do it.

This is only my opinion. Thanks!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
...But please do not get me wrong the iPad is a serious device and can do a lot more than it ever has. As I said a lot have people have gone for an iPad for everyday use over a laptop and I can fully understand why. Ultimately you will need to decide if it will meet all your needs. Especially if you have no other devices in case the iPad can not do it.

This is only my opinion. Thanks!

Dude, we understand, and it's not a problem...:)

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Indeed. If you are looking for something for serious use, go with the Mac Book Pro. The iPad is essentially a larger version of the iPhone. It has some more capabilities, but is still rather limited when it comes to serious usage beyond word processing and spreadsheets.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking to downsize my 2013 MBP for a 2016 MacBook! Of course I'm not seeing much interest in the iMore Market Place. :(

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2