Where were you in 1999? What device did you have?

Shawn Wayne

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I was 11 years old, I had a Handspring Visor. This was before Handspring was bought out by Palm. LOVED the old Palm OS! A few years later I got a Toshiba pocket pc with windows mobile 2003. That was so cool at the time! No cell phone yet. I don't believe I got a cell phone until about 2004. Which was an LG flip phone on US Cellular.

rsgunter

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Moved to the "Big City" of Raleigh NC that year from living all my life in the middle of tobacco fields an hour south. Going to school for Graphic Design at the time. Dating my wife. Using Nokia 5110 (with a dank silver faceplate and optional spring loaded belt clip) on Cingular service... Loved that phone. I wish all phones had "Snake" preloaded. That was bloatware that I could get on board with. Still in Raleigh. Married 15 years with a 13 year old daughter. Graphic artist for a living. Owned 20+ phones over the years. Currently using iPh 6s+ 64gb space gray on Verizon.
Nokia-5110.jpg

AndEliRich

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I was in college and was probably sporting a Nokia phone. Like all the cool kids. It had this cool snake game on it. Amazing how far we have come.

ajacs

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
San Jose, CA. Apple MessagePad 2100 with a flat body Metricom wireless modem velcroed to the bottom for constant connectivity, and a Nokia phallic phone.

BasPilot

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
In 99 I was graduating high school too and then joined the Marine Corps. My device for most of the year was a Motorola Pager, it was the one that you could get text on the screen and it updated things like the news and sports scores by itself and I was totally amazed. I had it because I worked for my uncle's unfortunately dieing pager store. It was awesome for baseball scores. On dates and getting baseball score updates. It was cool because my girlfriend at the time was as big a baseball fan as me and we both wanted to know how the game was going.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
In 99 I was graduating high school too and then joined the Marine Corps. My device for most of the year was a Motorola Pager, it was the one that you could get text on the screen and it updated things like the news and sports scores by itself and I was totally amazed. I had it because I worked for my uncle's unfortunately dieing pager store. It was awesome for baseball scores. On dates and getting baseball score updates. It was cool because my girlfriend at the time was as big a baseball fan as me and we both wanted to know how the game was going.

Semper Fi

daniel.michael4724

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
In 1999 what device did I have.......... Actually, it should be what devices (plural) LOL. At the time I was working full time as a Two Way Radio Maintenance Tech / Vehicle Equipment Installer for the North Carolina Highway Patrol, as well as a volunteer Firefighter. Here's a rundown of all the equipment I was using at the time: My first cellphone was a Motorola Star Tac with the clip on personal organizer for the back, a Motorola Minitor 2 pager (Two Tone Voice alert pager), a Motorola Advisor alphanumeric pager (the original "big green screen" version with service through A+ Communications, that changed to A+ Network, and lastly USA Mobility before we phased those devices out) used to receive pertinent call information whenever my FD was dispatched for a call, a Motorola MTS2000 Model 3 800MHz portable radio for both the FD and Highway Patrol, & a Motorola Systems Saber 3 VHF Portable for the same purpose. In my vehicle I had a Motorola Syntor A9 Low Band VHF mobile radio, a Motorola Syntor A9 Highband VHF mobile radio, and a Motorola Spectra W9 800 mobile radio. I also had a "hard mount" hands free kit/cradle for my Star Tac as well. Yes, I was very partial to Motorola back in the those days LOL.

So I know that's a lot more than what was asked for but I figured why not LOL

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal