How do I leave the group conversation?

I

iMore Question

how to leave the group converstion

one of my friends made a group chat and ive been want to leave the group chat so I need help

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: how to leave the group converstion

Select the conversation and choose Details and then Leave this Conversation

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: how to leave the group converstion

Welcome to iMore!

To leave the conversation, tap Details on the top right corner. Next, scroll down until you see Leave this Conversation and tap it. You will then get another popup confirming that you want to leave.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
So..................... I tried to do this last night, but could not find "leave this conversation". Is this new with iOS 10?

group text.PNG

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Everyone in the conversation must be an iMessage user. Based on your screen shot it looks like your group chat is an SMS group chat. I say that because three of the contacts don't have the Facetime icon next to them.

I think you are right. So, if they were all iMessage users, there would be the option to leave the group. But since it's a SMS group chat, it's not possible, which is a nuisance and something to add to my iOS 11 wish list! :D

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I think you are right. So, if they were all iMessage users, there would be the option to leave the group. But since it's a SMS group chat, it's not possible, which is a nuisance and something to add to my iOS 11 wish list! :D

Yes. As long as each person is on iOS 9 or later.