anon(9789123)

Mar 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have had my iPhone 6s Plus for over a month now, I switch from Windows 10 Mobile, and before that I had Android. I'm still getting used to everything, because this is my first Apple product I've ever owned. My only experience was from when I was a teenager having to learn iOS to teach my parents how to work their iPhone 4's ha. Anyway, I have the Red Browser downloaded so I can use Tor, but I'd also like to use a VPN. What do you guys recommend for a free VPN? Thank you! iMores writers and community have helped so much in getting my bearings with my first iPhone! I do hope they keep making the 5.5inch size phones, because I can only use 5.5+, for I've always owned phablets aha xD.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
This may depend on what hardware you have and what's supported.

I personally use OpenVPN OpenVPN because it's supported by my Asus router. It lets me connect anywhere I am and I have access to all my files and photos on my file server. I can also watch tv and movies via the Charter Spectrum app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This may depend on what hardware you have and what's supported.

I personally use OpenVPN OpenVPN because it's supported by my Asus router. It lets me connect anywhere I am and I have access to all my files and photos on my file server. I can also watch tv and movies via the Charter Spectrum app.
Same here, and I use it via the Private Tunnel. I've had it for a while now. The price is competitive and the service itself has been great for 'me' and my needs.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Tunnelbear gives you 500mb free per month. If you tweet them you get 1gb free. I'm not sure of your needs but it's worth looking into a good paid Vpn too.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying the Opera VPN for a few days. Works well on ads. But Google pitches a fit. I've had to solve about 10 captchas to get access to Safari. And my bank app locked me out. I had to call my bank to straighten it out. You get what you pay for.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Slows down the Internet connection.

Honey, VPN is an extra connection you have to make to get where you want it to use for.

Let me explain:if you need to browse to the iMore website, your device makes a connection with hubs (devices which connect other devices).

Now, this is what a connection without VPN looks like:
1: your modem 2: the first hub 3: the DNS server 4: the first hub of your destination 5: the iMore website

And this is with VPN enabled:
1: your modem 2: the first hub 3: the DNS server 4: the first hub of the VPN server 5: the DNS server of your VPN 6: the first hub of your destination 7: the iMore website

As you can see there are two extra steps to take before coming out at the iMore website. In reality there are far more hubs and hops you're connecting to, but I left those out to make it more understandable.

Kind regards,
Tartarus

Sara Sharrock

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Well he's asking for a free vpn, and people here are trying to show loyalty to their VPN by endorsing it to her, actually not endorsing but kinda forcing :not-interested:
Dont worry i wont endorse any rather would just aware you that free VPNs are not preferred and they are not very much safe as the main purpose to use VPN is to stay secure and anonymous!
So if you want to know more, read about it, read about VPNs and their log policy! :nerd:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well he's asking for a free vpn, and people here are trying to show loyalty to their VPN by endorsing it to her, actually not endorsing but kinda forcing :not-interested:
Dont worry i wont endorse any rather would just aware you that free VPNs are not preferred and they are not very much safe as the main purpose to use VPN is to stay secure and anonymous!
So if you want to know more, read about it, read about VPNs and their log policy! :nerd:

Did you not read posts 4, 5 and 6? They recommended FREE VPN solutions as asked by the OP.

Ian_Leo

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
Free services are not always good to use. Some of the top free VPNs are known to keep a record of your data logs. They make money by selling data to third parties. Therefore, it is highly recommended to go for paid or at least cheap VPNs.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73