No incoming SMS sound heard
I have two iPhones one is 5 version and the second one is 5s version.
Both are updated to last version of iOS.
In my ver. 5s when incoming SMS arrives the iPhone gives an alerting music.
The problem is with the other iPhone 5 which when incoming SMS arrives no sounds are heard.
I have tried to compare configurations but found no differences existing between the two.
I must missed the issue.
Where should I configure the iPhone 5 to produce the alerting music when incoming SMS arrives.
I wish to add: no mute is on. It is not in do not disturbe mode
- 04-19-2016, 02:15 PM #2iMore Specialist
- 1,347 Posts
Re: No incoming SMS sound heard
Welcome to iMore
You can try a hard reset, which does not delete any data from the phone; press and hold both Power and Home buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo. Then release both buttons and allow the phone to reboot.
If that does not work, try going in to Settings > General > Reset; Reset All Settings (sometimes things get stuck, and this unsticks things).
If neither of those work, try backing up the phone, factory resetting and before restoring check to see if the notification sound works. If it does not, take it in to the Apple store and allow them to further assist you.
- 04-19-2016, 05:39 PM #3
- By iMore Question in forum Apple PayReplies: 3Last Post: 04-20-2016, 01:26 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 6Last Post: 04-19-2016, 05:47 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 2Last Post: 04-19-2016, 02:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5cReplies: 2Last Post: 04-18-2016, 05:01 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 4Last Post: 04-17-2016, 03:16 PM