Apple needs to create a "Back to my Mac" app for iOS

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I am sure I am not alone, but here goes.

Apple needs to create a "Back to my Mac" app for iOS. If not a Universal app, an iPad app at minimum.

With the advent of the iPad Pro and Smart Keyboard, it is now a no brainer.

Yes, there are plenty of third party apps out there that will do what I am looking for, which is, occasionally, connect to my home iMac remotely. I used LogMeIn for years and it did what I wanted, and have tried others, such as TeamViewer, but none are really to the ease of use that an Apple made Back to my Mac would be. I want a set it and forget it solution to be able to, say when on vacation, log in for a couple minutes.

Thoughts? It has to be coming, right? Maybe part of iOS 10?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I doubt it with so many other programs to replace it. I use both TeamViewer and Parallels Access. I prefer Parallels Access now over TeamViewer as it has a better interface. But in all honesty I would be extremely surprised if it came to iOS. Just too many good ones around. I think Apple has bigger things to concentrate on at the moment.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't disagree that there are a lot of good options out there, running the gamut of price and features. But I am thinking something more simplified. Those apps are great and can connect to many different machines. But it is overkill for a large segment of users who just want to connect to their Mac from their iOS device.

It also wouldn't be the first time that Apple took something from a third party and baked it in and stripped down the advanced functionality. If anything, it could, as it has with other examples, help open the market to new customers who never thought about it until iOS did it. The others would be able to market how they improve the experience, or expand it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2