Can't leave a comment on Michael Gartenberg articles
It appears that the only articles on iMore where you can't leave a comment is Michael Gartenberg's. Is there a reason for this? Occasionally his opinions are far from my views and there is no way to have a conversation about it because the Comments section is inexplicably missing and it appears this only occurs with his articles. What is the reasoning for this?
- 04-05-2016, 06:31 PM #2
- 04-05-2016, 07:33 PM #3iMore Actual
- 1,887 Posts
Re: Can't leave a comment on Michael Gartenberg articles
It's something we're experimenting with — an article type that, like Daring Fireball and other opinion-heavy sites, doesn't include comments by default.
I'm not sure if we'll keep it that way, but given the high amount of trolling, it's also not something we want to dismiss out of hand.
Sadly, not everyone on the internet is capable of having a discussion when opinions vary from their own — it becomes personal attacks very quickly — and that's not always the best environment for readers.
I'd value everyone's feedback on this, though. So let me know your thoughts!
- 04-05-2016, 07:39 PM #4
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 1Last Post: 04-05-2016, 05:45 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 4SReplies: 1Last Post: 04-05-2016, 02:19 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad Pro (9.7-inch)Replies: 1Last Post: 04-05-2016, 12:42 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2016, 11:30 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2016, 11:12 AM