Thoughts on what Apple will do next as far as totally new product?

basolo3977

Sep 22, 2015
Visit site
So we've seen the Mac, MacBook, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV & recently the Apple Watch brought out by Apple. What's next? I mean rumors about a car are out there but I'm talking about something smaller. I mean what is there for them to do? I mean it seems Virtual Reality is getting a lot of press lately with Samsung VR & now Microsoft's news yesterday. Any room or involvement with Apple in this?

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
If you look at the tech industry as a whole, there's really not much innovation going on.

This is especially true with mobile devices. Look at the other big smartphone manufacturers ... Samsung hasn't been doing much with their phones. Adding waterproofing and a curved edge screen? Hardly innovative. LG? They made their phone with a modular expansion slot. This concept is not new, remember the Handspring Visor?

Apple doesn't really come up with their own ideas. They take ideas from others and improve upon them. The iPod is a great example of this. There were MP3 players before the iPod. The thing that was revolutionary about the iPod was the ease of use and the ecosystem.

I don't see an Apple Virtual Reality product on the horizon anytime soon. VR as it stands right now is in its infancy, and I would call it bleeding edge. It is too expensive to have mass appeal and probably will be for a few more years.

HoloLens is cool, but it's hard to tell if it will have any practical uses. The novelty factor is extremely high, even more than other VR devices.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
So we've seen the Mac, MacBook, iPod, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV & recently the Apple Watch brought out by Apple. What's next? I mean rumors about a car are out there but I'm talking about something smaller. I mean what is there for them to do? I mean it seems Virtual Reality is getting a lot of press lately with Samsung VR & now Microsoft's news yesterday. Any room or involvement with Apple in this?

Welcome to iMore!

The next thing I would personally like to see is an update to the Mac Pro. Been awhile. As for a car, I think that it is still a few years away. I definitely think there is a possibility for Apple to get into VR. But I also see them taking their time doing it. Apple always wants the experience to be better than what is already out there.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

This is a great discussion as we're hearing about removing the headphone jack as the only big rumor coming out of the iPhone 7 it's a wonder if the tech world is slowing down