Why do I have duplicated "ghost" app icons on my springboard?
Since I have upgraded to iOS 9 (from 8.4.1 to 9.2.1 via iTunes), there is a bug on my device. Whenever I update an app, it creates an duplicated "ghost" icon of it. So there are two icons: a normal one, that works, and a ghost/greyed out one, that does not work. If I restart the device (turn off/on) or reset the home screen layout, everything is fine again. Who knows about this issue? What options do I have without restoring it as a new device?
- 03-30-2016, 07:23 AM #2
- 38,494 Posts
Re: Why do I have duplicated "ghost" app icons on my springboard?
I've never experienced anything like that. As for your options w/out having to restore, well, you can try the following:
2. Uninstall and then reinstall the app
3. Go to Settings → General → Reset, and then select "Reset All Settings".
- By Snappy Phoenix in forum iPhone SEReplies: 15Last Post: 09-17-2016, 07:27 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-30-2016, 11:04 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 5Replies: 2Last Post: 03-30-2016, 07:05 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPadReplies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2016, 06:55 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2016, 06:41 AM