Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes
    iMore Pro

Default Re: What do people use for email?

Stock.....

I use stock
    iMore Newbie

I use Gmail accounts for the most part in Spark. It's nice that ever since Mailbox was announced to be closing, apps like Spark, AirMail, and PolyMail have appeared.

All stock for email! Works great and integrates well with iOS, obviously.
    mumfoau likes this.
    iMore Expert

I use the iOS Mail app for all my email accounts.
    iMore Intermediate

Stock mail app. Dont see any reason to change.
    iMore Newbie

... Outlook works well for me. I also like and use the built in Outlook Calendar for reminders and such.
    libra89 likes this.

I use the stock email app. It satisfies all my requirements in a mail application. I've tried Gmail and Hotmail. But I prefer one app for all my emails.
    iMore Nanite

I must be the oddball of the group. I can't stand the Apple mail app. I really feel it is terrible. It always wants to download every message to my device/computer and I don't want all that crap on my computer/device. I have never been able to stop it no matter the settings. I don't use any email apps on any device as a general rule. I do have the Gmail app on my iPhone, but only use it when absolutely necessary.

I have a very high stress/demand job. People need to be in touch with me almost 24/7. Even with this, I have never felt the need to be so connected that all my devices are actively on email alert so to speak. I get my email from my desktop using gmail web interface and have not missed a job/call yet.
    iMore Newbie

I'm using Outlook app because of its file attachment features. So far, it has served me well and last update made the app a lot snappier.
    libra89 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

I use Outlook for work, but also really enjoy Spark and Airmail. Airmail is great because it works well with its Mac OSX cousin and has a ton of options. Spark is cool because of the way it categorizes your inbox.
    iMore Newbie

I like the stock mail app, but it REALLY needs an easier way to attach photos. That's my #1 and really only complaint about it for my usage.
    iMore Nanite

mailbox actually made email enjoyable for me. since it's demise, i tried virtually everything before discovering airmail-- which i like even better than mailbox. it has a clean and elegant interface, it's highly customizable, it directly interfaces with evernote, fantastical, 2do, trello, and many more apps, and it has a great desktop client as well. ipad support is all it's missing, and it's allegedly in the next update. can't wait...
    iMore Nanite

I have been using the stock email app with hotmail and is has always worked great for me. I know a lot of people that use Gmail as well. I guess it all comes down to preference.
    iMore Nanite

outlook! best email app i u are managing more than 1. but stock works perfect too.
    iMore Intermediate

A lot of apps try to cram too many features in their Mail apps and i end up going back to the stock Apple mail app, always.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

I have a gmail account and work email, so initially used the gmail app, then tried out outlook, but eventually went back to the stock email app. It handles my work enterprise email and personal gmail much better than either outlook or gmail app
    iMore Intermediate

I am using outlook app for work and stock mail for apple id and personal use. My work email is on outlook.com and have some 8000 emails in inbox and 3000 in sent items. Now my questions is if i configure my work email in native mail app how much space it will take on my device?

Outlook app is only taking 70 mb
    iMore Intermediate

can outlook for ios handle 2 exchange account ?
    iMore Intermediate

I just found out that in stock email client, my gmail account only available for fetch (not push) max 15 mins ? So that's mean, we won't be able to received any email at the real time ?
    iMore Intermediate

Just use the stock mail app.
    iMore Intermediate

Is there anyway to set hide (collapse) our quote messages/email ? It's a bit annoying to scroll all the way down just to read previous/threaded email
    iMore Newbie

I've gone back to the stock app. I've tried Spark and Airmail, and while I like some features of both of those apps (including faster search and some great organizational features), the stock app does stuff that none others can. The data detectors of the stock app work better for me than the others (when, for example, adding calendar events from an email message) and Markup is a huge advantage. I'd love faster search and built in "snooze" functions, but find those other things to be more important to me.

I mostly use the stock Mail app. But I like a new one called Email. It works as an iMessage app. So you can read or share email in iMessage. It's really a nice email app.
    iMore Nanite

I use gmail because I like getting the notifications from Youtube, but I also use the stock mail app connected to my hotmail account.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast