I did the latest update and now I am receiving my wife's messages all of a sudden. How can I fix this?

I

iMore Question

I did the latest update and now I am recieving my wife's messages all of a sudden.

Why and how do I solve this problem, we have the same Apple ID but always have and it's never been a problem before this update this is the first time it has happened.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: I did the latest update and now I am recieving my wife's messages all of a sudden.

Welcome to iMore

It's best if the two of you each have your own Apple ID in order to prevent this type of thing from happening. You can always enable family share for the two accounts later on.

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: I did the latest update and now I am recieving my wife's messages all of a sudden.

I highly recommend having your own Apple ID as well. Family sharing is awesome and easy to set up.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I did the latest update and now I am recieving my wife's messages all of a sudden.

You need separate iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's. You can share the iTunes ID so you can share the iTunes purchases. But iCloud, iMessage and Facetime ID's should be your own only.
If you also have kids, Family Sharing may work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2