Day light savings time issue!!!!!!

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok I have a iPhone 6 on AT&T running iOS 9.2.1 and I know the clock changes all by itself. But this morning I was pissed. I'm working the day shift I have to be at work at 5 and I'm a zombie in the morning so anyway I set my alarm clock for 2:45. Like always. Gives me time to make my lunch shower and down some coffee for the long ride. What a shock to hear my alarm go off this morning and look over and see 3:45. Wtf!!!! Why???
You telling me that when the time goes a head the alarm clock doesn't configure itself for the time. Oh it says 245 but I'm gonna go off at 345. Because he looks so peaceful sleeping. Thanks. Love running around like a chicken with my head cut off I have 15 minutes to leave now !!! Does this always happen I just got divorced and I don't have my old clock in my new apartment. I guess I'm going to buy a ****ty Alarm clock since my "smartphone" can't figure this crap out. Sorry maybe I'd be calmer if I got up on time this morning and I missed my cup of joe too!!
Ok enough venting this ever happen to someone or is there a setting I can change or maybe I have something switched off idk?

Last edited:

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Day light savings time issue wtf!!!!!!

The time doesn't actually switch until 2:00AM. Technically it never was 2:45. I'm guessing your phone didn't sync in time and then when your alarm went off it woke up and synced right then. I'm just guessing though; I don't wake up as early as you do.
Next year you might just want to set your clock ahead manually just to be safe.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I am up at 2:30 in the morning for work at 4:00. Some similar to you. My phone did not sync the time till I actually woke it up today. I can't tell you why either. But that is why I use my regular alarm clock as a backup, especially on daylights saving time.

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I guess I'm going out to buy a alarm clock soon. Here I was bragging when people at work said make sure you set your alarm clocks ahead. They all have old man flip phones I'm like nah I'm good does it all by itself. I guess jokes on me

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Delilishbaker- I didn't even think of that good point maybe your right. So when it hit 2am it jumped to 3am. Maybe set the alarm for then what's 15 minutes. Versus waking up a hour later. Or set more alarms starting at 245 then another at 300 just incase.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I guess I'm going out to buy a alarm clock soon. Here I was bragging when people at work said make sure you set your alarm clocks ahead. They all have old man flip phones I'm like nah I'm good does it all by itself. I guess jokes on me

Oh the days of flip phones! I always look at it as technology. And technology is still not an exact science yet. Hence my old man alarm clock! :D

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Day light savings time issue wtf!!!!!!

Delilishbaker- I didn't even think of that good point maybe your right. So when it hit 2am it jumped to 3am. Maybe set the alarm for then what's 15 minutes. Versus waking up a hour later. Or set more alarms starting at 245 then another at 300 just incase.

I think what happened was your alarm went off at what it thought was 2:45 because it hadn't updated the time yet. Once the alarm went off, however, the phone woke up and the time synced right away. If you had set it for 3:00 there's no telling that it wouldn't have gone off at 4:00 instead.
Best bet is either setting the time manually the night before or buying an old man alarm clock as @firedept10 so eloquently put it. Luckily we only spring forward once a year.

jwsnj3rd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm surprised it went off at all. I guess I lucked out there lol or I'd still be sleeping or my phone would have eventually woke me up ringing off the hook with a pissed off coworker on the other end that I was supposed to relieve.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I never had an issue with the iPhone alarm on time change mornings. But I never had the alarm set for that early. It's always been good for 5:30 am. The time does, indeed, change on the iPhone at 2:00 am. If your phone alarm was set to 2:45 am, then it should have gone off at that time. There have been time change bugs in the past. This could be one as well. I would leave feedback for Apple.
https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html#mn_p

hunterdufault

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
The Clock app doesn't change your alarms due to daylight savings time cause that would be messing with the users settings w/o permission, you'll have to manually go into the app and or create a new alarm or modify the old one. Hope this helps. Have a good day!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
At 2:00 am the time changed to 3:00 am. The alarm was set for 2:45 am. So there was no 2:45 am. Between 2:00 and 3:00 am was a no man's land. That's why they change it at that hour. It affects the least people. Lesson: If you set your alarm for a time between 2 and 3 am on time change nights, might be best to manually change the time first before setting the alarm.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR