Why do my messages stay marked unread?
At first I noticed that all the messages since a couple of days ago stay marked as unread in Whatsapp even though I opened the chats and read them. So now every time I open a chat, I have to begin with the "new" messages I already read before. In some groups I have to scroll down over 500 old messages that are falsly marked unread to come to the actual new ones.
Now I noticed that the same thing is happening with my SMS messages so perhaps the problem lies within the Iphone instead of Whatsapp.
If people look when I was last online they say it was a couple of days ago, although I was online just 5 minutes ago.
- 03-07-2016, 09:15 AM #2Q&A Jedi
- 3,364 Posts
Re: Why do my messages stay marked unread?
Have you tried restarting your device? Try a reboot, hold the home button and power buttons at the same time until the apple logo appears (about 10 seconds). Also try turning off ALL the radios at once and then back on, do this by putting the phone in airplane mode then back off. Go to the Settings gear, then toggle Airplane Mode, wait 30 seconds then toggle it off.
Here's a contact link for Whatsapp support also....
- 03-07-2016, 11:40 AM #3
- By Johan Van Opstal in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-04-2016, 02:49 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-29-2016, 07:29 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-29-2016, 09:50 AM
- By centaurea in forum General Developer DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-29-2016, 08:24 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 3GS ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 02-29-2016, 08:01 AM