My text messages don't alert on each response in a thread
So, here's the issue: When someone texts me, I get the alert sound that I assigned to that person. BUT, I'll reply, and then they'll reply, but their second message doesn't alert me. I can't figure it out. I have to keep checking my phone to see if they've replied to my reply. ;-) Crazy, huh?
I read the thread on people who were getting NO alert at all with text messages, but I didn't find a clue there. I do get the initial alert. But I want to be alerted every time they are able to get back to me, and I'm missing some important ones b/c of no alert that they're there waiting for me.
Any clues here????
- 02-28-2016, 07:22 PM #2
- 7,774 Posts
Re: My text messages don't alert on each response in a thread
Welcome to iMore! Are you looking at your Messages app when the second message comes through? If so, you won't receive an audible notification. Aside from that, you can try to reset all settings by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. That will reset all of your settings to factory defaults. If that doesn't work, try a restore.
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 3Last Post: 03-20-2016, 02:23 PM
- By jaleelhamid in forum iOS 9Replies: 7Last Post: 03-04-2016, 08:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-28-2016, 04:48 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-28-2016, 04:46 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-28-2016, 04:22 PM