13 inch Macbook Pro w/ Retina VS 13 inch Macbook Air?

I

iMore Question

13 inch Macbook Pro w/ Retina VS 13 inch Macbook Air

I am currently in the process of looking to buy a new computer because I am due for an upgrade. At the moment, I have the 15 inch Macbook Pro (late 2011 model). I am mainly going to be using my new laptop for university work but also not limited to watching movies, uploading and editing photos, etc. I am certain I would like a 13 inch model because the 15 inch is too impractical to be transporting to and from uni. I originally looked at getting a 13 inch Macbook air (256gb) and upgrading the processor and memory (to 8GB). But upon completing some more research I saw that with education pricing a macbook air would cost me Aus $2144 and a pro $2159. Basically my question after all this rambling is would it be a smarter decision to purchase a pro for basically the same price but with extra features such as HDMI and retina display? Also I'm interested to know more about the weights of the two laptops. My current 15 inch is 2.54kg (wow i know). Thanks in advance!

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: 13 inch Macbook Pro w/ Retina VS 13 inch Macbook Air

Welcome to iMore. If it were me, the MacBook Pro would be my first choice. The Pro will definitely be more powerful than the Air. The weight of the Air is 1.35 kg vs the Pro at 2.06 kg. Weight would not even be a consideration to me. The Pro will be a superior machine in every aspect. And you will love the retina display. So I guess the decision comes down to a little more weight vs more powerful machine. The Air is considerably lighter than your current laptop, whereas the Pro is only a bit lighter.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73