How can I get a new install of Snow Leopard to find my backups on Time Machine?
I did a clean install of Snow Leopard. Now Time Machine is unable to find the backups which are on a network drive connected via ethernet. When I click on Select Backup Disk in the Time Machine preference, it takes me to a dialog box which only shows my Bootcamp partition. When I click on Set up Time Capsule, it wants to update my Airport Utility. When I select update, Software Update shows an update at the top of the list, but I cannot check the box and it indicates 0kb.
All of my data is backed up - I just can't get the system to find the files on my backup drive. Help please.
- Best AnswerFeb 17 2016 | 5:21 pm EST
Can your computer running Snow Leopard detect your network drive? If not, neither will Time Machine.
- 02-17-2016, 05:21 PM #2
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 3Last Post: 09-03-2016, 08:49 PM
- By dougelectric in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 15Last Post: 03-17-2016, 03:17 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPod & iPod TouchReplies: 2Last Post: 02-17-2016, 04:05 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2016, 03:51 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone SEReplies: 3Last Post: 02-17-2016, 03:15 PM