Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

47 Posts

Default iTunes issues

I have never used iTunes on my computer until last week. I downloaded it. But I have two problems.

Firstly, I cannot see all my music that I purchased on the app store with my iPad. The only music that shows up are a couple of DVDs of Christmas music that I bought to play at Christmas. If I click on "Top Rated" there is music there from ages ago Acker Bilk - jazz from the UK - and a mish mash of pop, classical and Christmas music. Why it would think these were "top rated" I have no idea.

The second problem is that I wanted to backup my phone to iTunes before I got a new phone. I plugged the phone in to a usb port on the computer. It recognized my iPhone -- but all that backed up was Music, Tones, Photographs and maybe something else. I wanted everything backed up, otherwise I think I will have to re-downloaded every app on my phone and that is a real pain!

The second time I plugged the phone in, I got a message that said something about "Allow communication from port 443."

I wondered if anyone could shed any light on these two problems.

Default Re: iTunes issues

1. Initiate the iTunes app on your computer.
    2. Select the iTunes Store option.
    3. Select "Purchased" on the right side of the screen (Note: I'm using a Macbook running OS X El Capitan).
    4. Make sure "Music" and "All" is selected on the next screen to view ALL of your purchased music.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Newbie

47 Posts

Default Re: iTunes issues

Ah. Wonderful. Thanks a lot!!