I bought an iPhone but it's in lost mode?
I bought an iPhone from someone I knew in another country and it was in Lost Mode. I tried to use DFU to get in to it but it's not possible because iTunes says it's in Lost Mode and you can only activate it by knowing the passcode or knowing the iCloud credentials. I don't know any of these two and the seller moved away and I don't have any means of contacting her, is there any way to bypass the passcode in Lost Mode? It's an iPhone 6. Thanks in advance.
- Best AnswerFeb 03 2016 | 8:23 am EST
Welcome to iMore! Unfortunately there is literally no way of getting past the passcode without your friend's Apple ID and password. You bought a really nice paperweight.
- 02-03-2016, 08:23 AM #2
- 02-03-2016, 11:39 AM #3iMore Intermediate
- 491 Posts
Re: I bought an iPhone but it's in lost mode?
As Devilish said unless you can get the sellers info you are out of luck.
- By loveseyecandy in forum Apple Watch AccessoriesReplies: 8Last Post: 03-06-2016, 06:32 AM
- By Aburumman Saif in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 7Last Post: 02-03-2016, 02:06 PM
- By Gerard Martin in forum iPhone 6Replies: 2Last Post: 02-03-2016, 10:55 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6sReplies: 2Last Post: 02-03-2016, 08:55 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 02-03-2016, 02:51 AM