Asus AC3200 and Apple Devices

I

iMore Question

Previously, I tried Asus stock firmware 378_7838 and 3913 and still was experiencing download issues on any Apple device. Next, I installed Merlin 378_56.2 on this router. Everything appeared to be working just fine. I ran inSSIDer to determine which channels my neighbors are on and adjusted the 2.4 and 5 band channels accordingly. I was getting good speed and surfing the internet wasn't a problem. I was able to download torrent files and I was able to download an iOS app directly from my iPhone. Everything appeared to be working as it should be.

BUT......

About a week later, I started to experience some of the same issues AGAIN. I started to experience the STOPPED (ERR = -3295) messages on my Macbook Air and Apple devices. I noticed the same recurring issues on my WIRED Mac Mini. But I was able to download a torrent file on my WIRED Vista computer.

I rebooted the router unplugged anything of non importance. I connected my Macbook Air to the router and tried to download an iOS app and still the problem continued to persist.

I turned off the Asus router and factory reset my Linksys 1900ac router running 1.1.10.167514. I have ZERO problems with this router and any Apple products. Right out of the gate, I am able to download torrent files and iOS apps to ALL my Apple devices. I am able to download iOS apps WIRELESSLY on my Macbook Air and iPhone without any issues.

The Linksys router is in the same location in the garage where the Asus router was located. On the Linksys router, I have the 2.4 and 5 band channel set to AUTO and I don't have any issues.

I don't understand why I have so many issues with Apple devices and Asus router. It appears I have less issues with Linksys router and Apple devices. I would like to use the Asus router for the AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer and Firewall features but not if I will be experiencing issue with my Apple devices.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?