Has apple reached its peak?

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Off topic, but honest question, how come some many people posting on iMore are mods or ambassadors? I'm asking because coming from CrackBerry I see a much higher engagement there by members. Here not so much.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Off topic, but honest question, how come some many people posting on iMore are mods or ambassadors? I'm asking because coming from CrackBerry I see a much higher engagement there by members. Here not so much.

I'd say we have great member engagement but we also have very active mods and ambassadors, myself included. Interesting feedback though; I'll have to check out some the other Mobile Nations forums and compare.

Last edited:

redbirdsfan

Dec 20, 2015
Visit site
Peak?? I would definitely say no. I saw the writing on the wall when I used Palm,win mobile, and blackberry. Apple is constantly improving things on the hardware/software front. Top notch hardware/software/customer service gives me absolutely no reason to switch to anything else.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
They've been top of their game for awhile. I'd expect that to continue. Apple has a huge fan base. It would take awhile for that to dwindle.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I think it's mostly because we're more active here. There's plenty of non volunteer member participants. In my case, I'm retired and hang out here too much. LOL

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If you check news articles related to stock applications (wallstreet journal and others) they talk about less iPhone production than in previous years. That's whats been causing the stock to drop. I admittedly am a blackberry/crackberry fan but don't want to see iPhone sales plunging I use an iPhone as well. Either way these articles are all of course rumors, however rumors based on professional analysis.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Has Apple peaked? Possibly. I will still buy the next iPhone because it's the best tight integration of native OS/hardware for me. I'm not concerned at this time.

It's not as if Apple has had to pimp itself by using a competitor's OS on their device as a Hail Mary attempt to keep itself afloat for one more quarter, while its desperately attempts to sell its software and services to eke out one more quarter of irrelevant existence.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Has Apple peaked? Possibly. I will still buy the next iPhone because it's the best tight integration of native OS/hardware for me. I'm not concerned at this time.

It's not as if Apple has had to pimp itself by using a competitor's OS on their device as a Hail Mary attempt to keep itself afloat for one more quarter, while its desperately attempts to sell its software and services to eke out one more quarter of irrelevant existence.

I remember a time when Apple was considered irrelevant and the majority of the world didn't think it would last. Luckily they invented the iPhone, which saved the company and paved the way for what Apple is today. You never know what BlackBerry will come up with.

mysuccess101

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Based on its thread challenging time and competition on the market but i believe talented people was present in the organization.

What do you think?

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I remember a time when Apple was considered irrelevant and the majority of the world didn't think it would last. Luckily they invented the iPhone, which saved the company and paved the way for what Apple is today. You never know what BlackBerry will come up with.

Sure. Let s revisit when Apple is clearly on the decline, bleeding cash, and putting other platforms on its phone. However, my impression of the company these many years is that they reinvent themselves and come back stronger.
Comparing histories and reactions to challenges from competitors, my impression is that Apple will react rather than dismiss challenges. Let's revisit when Apple uses another competitor OS on its phones as a result of having failed to react and dismiss challengers.
Which is what RIM/BlackBerry came up with when, in absolute arrogance, it dismissed Apple.
Shall we meet in one year, here?

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sure. Let s revisit when Apple is clearly on the decline, bleeding cash, and putting other platforms on its phone. However, my impression of the company these many years is that they reinvent themselves and come back stronger.
Comparing histories and reactions to challenges from competitors, my impression is that Apple will react rather than dismiss challenges. Let's revisit when Apple uses another competitor OS on its phones as a result of having failed to react and dismiss challengers.
Which is what RIM/BlackBerry came up with when, in absolute arrogance, it dismissed Apple.
Shall we meet in one year, here?

If you read my previous posts in this thread I'm not saying that Apple has peaked. That being said, the majority of the financial analysts out there think there's a gigantic brick wall that they are going to have to scale very soon. If there's a company that can do it it's Apple.
My only argument is that I wouldn't necessarily write RIM off quite yet. Their backs are against the wall; they will either reinvent themselves and be great again or fade away.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
If you read my previous posts in this thread I'm not saying that Apple has peaked. That being said, the majority of the financial analysts out there think there's a gigantic brick wall that they are going to have to scale very soon. If there's a company that can do it it's Apple.
My only argument is that I wouldn't necessarily write RIM off quite yet. Their backs are against the wall; they will either reinvent themselves and be great again or fade away.

I have, in the past, expressed caution against expecting Apple to continue massive growth. Its segment of the market share has matured.

However, I find it amusing to read a post about Apple peaking in the same thread where BlackBerry is mentioned. The incongruity is astonishing.

john_v

Apr 20, 2010
www.vinniesphotos.blogspot.com
Reading all the articles out there about alleged iPhone production slowdown, my non-insider, non-market-person guess is that it has nothing to do with Apple peaking but more to do with market saturation. With the advent of payment plans and data becoming more affordable, most people finally have a smartphone (whether iPhone or Android). Very rarely will you see a flip phone any more, although there are a few exceptions. So the need to produce a higher number is waning. They'll still crank 'em out, but my guess is that the market supply and demand is finally correcting itself and leveling off.

Don't worry, the only place where Apple is failing and closing up shop is in the small minds of people who want it to.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

As I've stated on numerous occasions, the mods and ambassadors here at iMore are "active participants" in the forums and we do not have a problem engaging in a conversation. It's been like that since I've been a part of iMore.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
They'll be fine for a long time.

They already have a lot of loyal customers and followers and they continue to make excellent products.

Maybe innovation has stifled a bit, but honestly, I can say the same for the tech industry as a whole. Nothing really exciting is coming out, minus VR and I.O.T.

Great deal

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Its actually irelevant...they will reach a limit at some point as the number of humans with money and timing to get an apple device is finite. No one knows what that number is for sure as new markets, people switching platforms is up and down. Focussing purely on growth and share price is dangerous without looking at other factors such as quality, innovation and leadership....sadly innovation and leadership died with Steve Jobs....accountants now run the company and in my experience that is the worst thing for a company to do.

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think Apple has reached it's peak yet. I just don't think for most, the 6s/6s+ was much of an upgrade from 6/6+. I was contemplating upgrading myself before taking the plunge.

Also Apple still is a little behind in features that it can provide its customer base including; mark as unread for text messages, higher res screen, 16:9 camera output, working file system, universal app sharing to any app, and access to mic from 3rd party keyboards. I could go on and on but I think I made the point that Apple has not reached it's peak yet.

NetMage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I think too many overlook the fact that they are comparing against a quarter that showed unbelievable growth due to initial 6 supply constraints and the first large screen iPhone. I would expect iPhone sales willing erase again year over year after next quarter for a while longer.

BTW, Apple was very successful for many years with the iPod / iTunes before the phone came along. It wasn't the iPhone that saved Apple, it we the iMac.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice