Should I buy a temporary international plan for my iPhone prior to going to Japan for 3 weeks?
Long story about why I waited until now to purchase an iPhone 6s, which we won't bother with here; I am way overdue, and own a very well seasoned 4S. I finally went into the AT&T store today, prepared to purchase a new 6S, thinking I could get a subsidized model, only to learn they shut that program down YESTERDAY. Serious disappointment.
That said, I still need to get a new iPhone asap and will do so. My question: I am going to Japan for three weeks and want to be able to use my phone there without incurring crazy charges. What to do? It has been recommended I purchase a temporary international plan from my carrier, but I have also been told I should just buy a local (Japanese) sim card, but that seems sketchy.
What is best for US owners when traveling to Japan?
- 01-10-2016, 08:50 AM #2
- 01-10-2016, 09:24 AM #3iMore Expert
- 930 Posts
Re: Should I buy a temporary international plan for my iPhone prior to going to Japan for 3 weeks?
May want to consider a prepaid SIM. Check out the News section in the link below. This may provide some details of interest that meet your criteria. I have not used the site below, but have done so with a similar option when visiting another country.
Prepaid SIM for JAPAN | NTT Communications
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 08-09-2016, 11:04 PM
- By comiken205 in forum iPhone 6s PlusReplies: 29Last Post: 02-25-2016, 08:18 AM
- By D13H4RD2L1V3 in forum iPad Pro (12.9-inch)Replies: 4Last Post: 01-24-2016, 07:39 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 1Last Post: 01-09-2016, 09:41 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iCloudReplies: 0Last Post: 01-09-2016, 09:09 PM