How do I install my Facebook App using cellular data?

I

iMore Question

How to install Facebook App using cellular data?

I accidentally delete my Facebook app and I'm now trying to install it again but since it's more than 100mb it says that I need to connect to wifi but I can't cause my wifi button is grayed out. Tbh, I can live without wifi but I can't live without Facebook. I am now using Safari and it's lag. Someone please help me how to install Facebook app using cellular data please 😭😭😭 Is there other ways except for app store? Please help me guys, I'm so desperate.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Go to Settings→ Cellular, and then enable the toggle next to "App Store". You will still get a warning, but you should be allowed to download via cellular data.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Try going to Settings > WiFi > Tap blue i > forget this network > Tap to forget the network. Then sign back in to your wifi. If it's no longer grayed, go to the App Store and download Facebook. You could also use the Facebook client app called Friendly+. It works great. Only about 13 mb in size.
Apple limits cellular downloads to less than 100 mb. That's to protect people from using too much data.

ingrid42

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
Im having same issue here!! No longer have wifi, because my internet service on my phone its so good i actually use the hotspot for all of my roku devices etc. sometimes 5 devices at a time!! but cant download Facebook?? Like wth!!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Re: How to install Facebook App using cellular data?

Try going to Settings > WiFi > Tap blue i > forget this network > Tap to forget the network. Then sign back in to your wifi. If it's no longer grayed, go to the App Store and download Facebook. You could also use the Facebook client app called Friendly+. It works great. Only about 13 mb in size.
Apple limits cellular downloads to less than 100 mb. That's to protect people from using too much data.

I've had that enabled on my phone for a lo g time but when there's a FB app update, I still can't download it unless on wifi.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I've had that enabled on my phone for a lo g time but when there's a FB app update, I still can't download it unless on wifi.

That's because the FB app updates are usually too big. I think the limit is now 150 mb. If the update is less than that, you should be able to download it on cellular. Ever have the app store offer you the option to download a too large update on cellular or not? I've had that happen 2 or 3 times. Don't recall the apps. It was a pop up. I couldn't help but wonder why they don't offer it every time. I thought it odd, as I've never heard anyone else mention it.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

That's because the FB app updates are usually too big. I think the limit is now 150 mb. If the update is less than that, you should be able to download it on cellular. Ever have the app store offer you the option to download a too large update on cellular or not? I've had that happen 2 or 3 times. Don't recall the apps. It was a pop up. I couldn't help but wonder why they don't offer it every time. I thought it odd, as I've never heard anyone else mention it.

But with unlimited data, I should be able to download anything I want. I can download a 1.1 gig Linux iso so why not a 200meg app update?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

But with unlimited data, I should be able to download anything I want. I can download a 1.1 gig Linux iso so why not a 200meg app update?

It's like other things Apple do. Because they don't want a few million users complaining about app store data usage on cellular. LOL What other reason would there be?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

It's like other things Apple do. Because they don't want a few million users complaining about app store data usage on cellular. LOL What other reason would there be?

And that's where Android has Apple beat. At least, when I was on Android, all you got was one warning about app downloads using LTE data. I'd flash a couple roms every day and use cellular to download all my apps since was on Verizons original unlimited data plan.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

And that's where Android has Apple beat. At least, when I was on Android, all you got was one warning about app downloads using LTE data. I'd flash a couple roms every day and use cellular to download all my apps since was on Verizons original unlimited data plan.

I currently have 182 apps. I had 314. Even so, I've had very few with updates more than 150 mb. Facebook always. New app downloads are often more than 150. With so many with unlimited data now, you'd think Apple would at least raise the limit to 300 mb or more. Or give a warning with the option to proceed.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I currently have 182 apps. I had 314. Even so, I've had very few with updates more than 150 mb. Facebook always. New app downloads are often more than 150. With so many with unlimited data now, you'd think Apple would at least raise the limit to 300 mb or more. Or give a warning with the option to proceed.

Apple is allergic to cellular data. I remember a few years ago a lot less was available over cellular. Then they loosened up a bit. The AppStore is the last struggle. In a few years Apple will not make any distinction between cellular and WiFi.
#CrystalBall #FreeTheCellular

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73