What Apple needs to fix in 2016
2015 saw a lot of amazing technology from Apple:
1. The MacBook- A Notebook with a new battery design, new keyboard design, and the logic board being 10 times smaller than their previous notebooks.
2. Apple Watch - A whole computer on your wrist. With a pretty decent interface and scrolling through the crown.
3. The iPad pro - A tablet about which I've heard and read quite a few articles where they mentioned that it is capable of replacing the laptop, but for a few things it can't do that.
4. Apple Pay- Now it only takes a second to pay! Although launched last year, this year marks its 1st year.
5. The other products iPhone, iPad mini, iPad Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air; all great ones.
But for me the major flow was the rollout a of these great products. They seemed unfinisfed, rolled out because their due date had come.
The software from Apple was most unfinished.
1. iOS 9- Had quite a few issues when it initially launched. The music app was a mess. The Apple Music launch was a mess. No proper tabs. It was a mess.
2. Mac OS X - The latest OS was I think the most buggy till date. I had never heard a Mac OS so buggy in them last few years.
3. The Apple TV- It came out with a good software but seemed unfinished and rolled out, as I said, cause they reached their due date. There was no Siri for Apple Music. Only 2 devices can be connected. Inputting passwords is very tiresome. And no 4K! Their Mac support 4K and 5K, the iPhone supports 4K. The TVs are now 4K displayed. But no 4K on the Apple TV.. I think that's still a smaller part than the software and the device pairing limitation.(don't forget it's only of 32 GB and 128 GB)
The thing that Apple should fix in the next year:
1. The first major problem for me was their launches of the products with unfinished stuff. Ive never seen Apple launching products still not completed being launched as a full product. I'm sure the 2nd gen products will solve that, but my fear is the those will solve that only, and the main, cool, new stuff will be pushed to the 3rd gen. I feel Apple should stop releasing products quickly and should release products perfectly. I wouldn't mind if they launch the product after a few months rather than laughing very quickly after the keynote. I would love them to launch when the products are ready to launch, and not laugh cause the date has arrived.
2. Software- The hardware from Apple is just amazing. The Mac iPhones, iPads and the watch, blow my mind. Sometimes I think certain hardwares are to confuse me with its use- like the haptic engine in the iPhone 6s. The weight of the phone noticibly increased from the iPhone 6, and I don't like the haptic vibration. I feel the normal vibration would be enough. The battery has been reduced cause of the added hardware. But the software has started to appear as more buggy than ever along with many issues. And that's common for all their devices. So I think Apple should work a little more harder in 2016 on software and then along with their awesome hardware, they will launch amazingly HOT products.
3. iCloud, handoff, continuity, extensibility- I was really hoping for some amazing stuff for these 4 services and features. iCloud saw some amazingly lucrative pricing with only $1 for 50 Gb and with iCloud Drive and iCloud Photo Library and with whatsapp using iCloud space to store my data, I think it's a good business for Apple and a good pay for a consumer too. In 2016 I really hope to see. These 4 services get some new feature. Some "wow" services for iCloud and some "that's just awesome" for the other 3 features.
4. Prices - well this point is always debatable. Last night I saw an old Apple keynote of 2003, where Steve jobs showed a new skiing and snowboarding jacket, which they had partnered to sell with another company, it was made for the iPod. It's retail price was $499. That's just too much for a jacket. In 2015 the prices of the new products (not only in USA but worldwide) like the MacBook, the Apple Watch and its bands and accessories, the iPhone, iPad; were really high. If they could reduce it even by 25% with their latest launches in 2016 it would be a good purchase.
The year 2015 has been a real roller coaster. On one hand Apple made its most profitable quarter, while on the other hand, the products it launched were unfinished. On one hand. The technology it launched was pretty good, whereas on the other hand, it didn't reflect on its stock price for the investor, and its stock lost a lot of value. I really would buy many many products Apple launched this year, but I felt that they could be a little more polished. Like the new MacBook could have atleast 2 or 3 ports, and it would be the most amazing Mac I have seen. But with 1 port, it's not worth the price. I hope Apple doesn't remove the headphone jack in iPhone 7 as the rumours suggest. I listen to my music when my phone charges, I won't be able to do that then. I think it's time Apple brings another industry standard by bringing a 2.5 or 2.75 mm jack to the market. I don't know what all Apple has in works for next year. But I'm really excited for it.