- iMore Newbie
- 28 Posts
Switching hard disk from one PC to another one
It turns out that my computer has died, and I've got one at home that I don't use. I've looked closely and both have got the same HDD, so if I take it from the dead PC and fit it into the other one, will the information be moved without being lost??
- 12-29-2015, 01:46 PM #2Q&A Jedi
- 3,349 Posts
Re: Switching hard disk from one PC to another one
Maybe! In theory it should be fine, but with a move like that you never know it's so easy to break thing or cause a malfunction. Sometimes there are special considerations. Are you adding the old drive as a second drive in the new computer? How old of a computer is it? It might need to be designated as a "slave" drive. You should look for a youtube video for how to install XXX Hard Drive on a PC for instructions.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 12-30-2015, 08:08 AM
- By iMore Question in forum MacBookReplies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2015, 03:41 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-29-2015, 05:31 PM
- By iMore Question in forum iPad mini 3Replies: 2Last Post: 12-29-2015, 11:28 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 12-29-2015, 11:12 AM