How can I change a Reachable At' phone number?

I

iMore Question

"Reachable At' Phone Number

Hello I would like to know how can I change/edit the 'reachable at' phone number listed on my apple id account information?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: "Reachable At' Phone Number

That number is from the iPhone associated with your Apple ID.

You can't change it unless you change the iPhone associated with your Apple ID. Why would you want to change it?

Gatt123

Jan 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: "Reachable At' Phone Number

That number is from the iPhone associated with your Apple ID.

You can't change it unless you change the iPhone associated with your Apple ID. Why would you want to change it?

because it wrong number that not my currently the number I use

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
because it wrong number that not my currently the number I use

What number do you see when you go to Settings >Phone?
Do you have a Contact Card made for yourself in Contacts?
If you do, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendar > scroll down to the Contacts section> my info > go to your contact card and tap.
Does your number show now?

Is the phone still in another person's name?

Kat Ghazi

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
hi there I have a solution for you, this might be the issue

In the Security section, you can review and update account details that help you keep your account secure. Click Edit in the Security section to see all available options for your account.
If you do not have two-step verification or two-factor authentication enabled on your account, you can do the following actions:
* Change your password
* Change your security questions
* Add or update the rescue email address
* Turn on two-step verification

I have found a trend, you can turn of two step verification but turn it off, once you turn it off you no longer would need this number for the reachable at section, bc you no longer use that security feature now, if you do have this enabled then it should be able to update to the correct number bc that service is in use hope this helps !

:yes::)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
hi there I have a solution for you, this might be the issue

In the Security section, you can review and update account details that help you keep your account secure. Click Edit in the Security section to see all available options for your account.
If you do not have two-step verification or two-factor authentication enabled on your account, you can do the following actions:
* Change your password
* Change your security questions
* Add or update the rescue email address
* Turn on two-step verification

I have found a trend, you can turn of two step verification but turn it off, once you turn it off you no longer would need this number for the reachable at section, bc you no longer use that security feature now, if you do have this enabled then it should be able to update to the correct number bc that service is in use hope this helps !

:yes::)

How does this change the phone number showing?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2