Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Question

Default Moving From Android to IOS, What do I need to know, What colour is best for me

So I have had a S3 then a Note 2 back to the S4 and now I'm switching it up to the 6S with a Apple Watch, What do I need to know when switching and also how can I pick the right colour for me
    iMore Elite

2,761 Posts

Default Re: Moving From Android to iOS, what do I need to know, what color is best for me?

Firstly, welcome to the fold.

Secondly, we can't really help you on colour, it's a personal thing. I have the gold iPhone 6 and I LOVE it. Others hate it. Have a look at them all side-by-side in a store and see which one pops to you.

There is an App on the Google Play Store designed to help those moving from Android to Apple and although I personally have never used it, I hear people have had some success with it.

The main things you need to realise when switching from Android to Apple is that you do not have the granular level of control over an iPhone that you had with your Samsung devices. However, for me, the level of control on Android led to a number of incompatible apps and system malfunctions (I ran an Android device and an iPhone back-to-back for a while).

In my experience, even using a stock Android device, the reliability between Android and iPhone was night and day. I could always rely on my iPhone; much less so for my Android devices. What i'm getting at is that usually, the iPhone "just works" because it is much harder to muck about with. It's much harder to get a virus on an iPhone (since owning my first iPhone in 2007, I don't know of anyone who has gotten a virus and I know a lot of people who have iPhones) and the build quality is far superior to any Samsung I have ever owned. Yes you lose out on the ability to swap out a battery and add a micro-SD card but those were never deal breakers for me anyway. You can't personalise the stock iPhone home screens anywhere near as much as the Android devices. I think the fact that the iPhone is locked down far more contributes completely to a stellar user experience on a device that has far less software glitches and hardware issues than the competition.

So, be prepared for a device that is less customisable than you are used to buy is usually supremely reliable because of it.

Anyway, welcome to the land of Apple and if you have any other questions, please feel free to create a user account on here and post them up. We are always happy to help new members of the site and new owners of Apple devices.