Where do I find my saved email
A letter to the administrator of the imperial club
- 12-10-2015, 07:50 AM #2
- 4,102 Posts
Re: Where do I find my saved email
To go to the folder that holds your OS X Mail messages:
- Open a new window in OS X Finder.
- Select Go | Go to Folder… from the menu.
- You can also press Command-Shift-G.
- Type: ~/Library/Mail/V2
- Press Enter.
You can find your folders and messages in sub-folders to the V2 folder:
- Local mailboxes are in the Mailboxes sub-folder.
- POP email accounts can be found in sub-folders with POP- in their name.
- IMAP accounts' mailboxes are in sub-folder that have IMAP- in their name.
The messages are stored in .mbox folders, one per OS X Mail email folder. Open and explore these folders to discover (and open or copy) the emails saved as .emlx files.
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-10-2015, 10:05 PM
- By Jaredshoes in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 1Last Post: 12-10-2015, 03:57 PM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-10-2015, 07:44 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 12-10-2015, 12:17 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 12-10-2015, 12:16 AM