WHy are my sent (gmail) emails suddenly not going into my 'sent' box on iPad and iPhone
up to recently, no problems : now I have to search for the sent emails - either on 'all emails' or 'important' boxes, even though they are not marked important!
- 11-14-2015, 05:44 AM #2
- 7,736 Posts
WHy are my sent (gmail) emails suddenly not going into my 'sent' box on iPad ...
Welcome to iMore! I just checked and I'm not having an issue. Depending on how long ago you set up your Gmail on your devices, Google may have change around some server settings and you may not be handling email properly. To alleviate the problem, iOS has now automated the process of setting up Gmail. Try these steps on both devices. If you want to try on one device first and see if it works go ahead. It can't hurt anything.
1. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2. Tap on your Gmail account
3. Tap on Delete Account
4. Reply affirmatively to any confirmation you're asked to give
5. Return to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
2. Tap on Add Account
3. Select Gmail
4. Enter your Gmail/Google login credentials
5. Send an email and see if it shows up in your Sent mailbox
Let us know how things turn out. Good luck!
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 3Last Post: 11-17-2015, 04:53 PM
- By qmtc83 in forum iOS 9Replies: 2Last Post: 11-14-2015, 06:35 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 0Last Post: 11-13-2015, 10:20 PM
- By iMore Question in forum App StoreReplies: 1Last Post: 11-13-2015, 06:32 PM