How can I stop Traffic Notifications from my Wife's Calendar?

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site
How to stop Traffic Notifications from Wife's Calendar

Ok, as a family, we are all subscribed to each other's calendars. I need to see my wife's work schedule so we can coordinate important dates. She is an RN and the schedule varies as does the building and place so she always includes a location on her calendar. Here's is where this gets annoying. Everytime I get in my car and the phone connects with bluetooth, I get a notification for how long it will take me to get to her place of work if she is working that day. I never go there and want these notifications to stop without having to unsubscribe to her calendar.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to stop Traffic Notifications from Wife's Calendar

It's pretty easy to turn off traffic notifications on your wife's device:

1. Open Settings app

2. Go to Privacy > Location Services > System Services

3. Tap on Frequent Locations
JPEG image-6D558320873F-1.jpeg

4. Toggle Frequent Locations OFF
JPEG image-8E0A778DDE0F-1.jpeg

awtryau89

Dec 20, 2009
Visit site

Thanks for the tip but I want to turn off the traffic notifications from her shared iCloud Calendar that I get on my iPhone. How can I stop traffic notifications from shared calendar events with location being sent to my iPhone? I have all shared calendar notifications turned off. I am only allowed to view her calendars and not edit them. I still get traffic notifications from her events.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the tip but I want to turn off the traffic notifications from her shared iCloud Calendar that I get on my iPhone. How can I stop traffic notifications from shared calendar events with location being sent to my iPhone? I have all shared calendar notifications turned off. I am only allowed to view her calendars and not edit them. I still get traffic notifications from her events.
Oops, I misread your original question. You still might want to give the advice from my previous post a try. The problem is that, even if you're just viewing your wife's calendar, your iPhone interprets this as one of your calendars. I'm not sure of how to turn this off. Perhaps someone else can provide some clarity.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Not sure if it will work because I don't use that (or experience it) but try:

Settings->Notifications->Calendar

Then edit the "shared calendar changes"

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads