Why won't my phone ring for incoming calls after the 9.1 update?

I

iMore Question

after 9.1 update my phone will not ring for incoming calls

I've looked at everything I can think of and it is all on like it has been in the past. I've had this phone for some time now and this is the first time this has happened.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: after 9.1 update my phone will not ring for incoming calls

Welcome to iMore! Try a few things (if you haven't already), testing after each step to see if it fixed the problem:

1. Do a soft reset. To perform a soft reset, hold both the power button and home button down until you see the Apple boot logo.
2. Reset network settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
3. Restore your phone. I recommend setting up as a new device to provide the cleanest install possible.
4. Contact your carrier. It could be a problem with them.

If you're still experiencing issues let us know!

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site

I've looked at everything I can think of and it is all on like it has been in the past. I've had this phone for some time now and this is the first time this has happened.

Do you have a moon symbol in the top right of your display, next to Bluetooth symbol? If you do you have activated do not disturb mode in settings. Then your phone will nor ring on incoming calls

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Do you have a moon symbol in the top right of your display, next to Bluetooth symbol? If you do you have activated do not disturb mode in settings. Then your phone will nor ring on incoming calls
You may already know this, but you can adjust your how phone responds to incoming calls while in DND in settings. For instance, you can have it ring when a Favorite contact calls, or when any of your contacts call, or when a certain number calls twice.

Larry Cook1

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site

Check the ring/silent switch on the left side of the phone and make sure it didn't get switched.