Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default which mac to buy

Dear all,

Please i need your help.
    Iam puzzled which to buy:
    1. New macbook 12
    2. Macbook pro 13.3 Retina

FYI i dont use it at office, i use it for storage my photos which taken by my EOS canon camera also downloadong music and movies may be use photoshop for editing photos.

Please give me the frank and direct answer

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Default Re: which mac to buy

Hi and welcome to iMore, sounds like a MBA might fit what your looking for. But its a matter of choice and what fits your needs.
    This may be of some help to you.Mac Buyers Guide | iMore . Best of luck with search.
    iMore Pro

533 Posts
    Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

The rMB does not have very good specs and will struggle with complex edits but the retina screen will be a terrific asset for seeing fine detail in your photos. If you wish to spend this kind of money on a laptop, I would suggest to you to buy a Macbook Pro instead. It is significantly more powerful than either the Air or retina Macbook and still sports the retina screen.

If photoshop is ruled out or you have another computer on which you'll be doing your main edits, the rMB will be acceptable. I personally would not recommend it over the Air or Pro but its form factor is popular with many.
    iMore Elite

2,967 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,878 Global Posts

Get the Pro.
    iMore Intermediate

201 Posts
    Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

If your doing a lot of edit work then the pro would probably be best, also if you plan on plugging a lot of USB's into it then macbook may struggle as only one USB-C port. Saying all this I have the new 12" Macbook and LOVE it, never had any other mac so can't comment too much, I just max'd out the macbook when I brought it and so far only downside is airdrop seems bit poor.