Why won't my phone turn on or charge?

I

iMore Question

Phone won't turn on/charge

The phone was run over, it appears cosmetically intact, however, the charging light doesn't come on when plugged in and it won't turn on. It gets warm near the speaker/earpeice at the top of the lcd for some reason. Does anyone know what may be wrong with the phone? It almost seems like it is a short that is heating that one section of the phone near the speaker/and led, not sure why it is warm there.

William Ashley1

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: Phone won't turn on/charge

Just more info on this,

the phone is able to be detected via iTunes but the screen doesn't light up so I can't enable iTunes to scan it for files.

The phone appears to be responsible but I am thinking something may be wrong with the lcd.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

It might be time for a new iPhone. You stated that the iPhone was ran over, so there's really know way to tell what might be wrong with it

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Just more info on this,

the phone is able to be detected via iTunes but the screen doesn't light up so I can't enable iTunes to scan it for files.

The phone appears to be responsible but I am thinking something may be wrong with the lcd.

Since you stated that the phone had been run over, assume the worst. If you have Apple Care +, now would be a good time to use it. If you do not, I would still take it to the nearest Apple Store and have them diagnose the problem.

William Ashley1

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site

Well it is reading in iTunes.. iTunes started the iPhone software update.

It keeps vibrating when connecting to iTunes but the screen is black. It seems like it is just an lcd issue.

William Ashley1

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site

Seems like it may be this issue

How to fix black and unresponsive iPhone screen
Tyler Detmers
Tyler Detmers
Subscribe1,629
Add to Share More 1,620,342
3,802 307
Published on May 10, 2013
This is a HARDWARE solution to a black/unresponsive screen. If you have tried a HARD RESET and tha

Just need to see if I have the right screw drivers to see if I can see if that adapter cable came loose like in tyler's phone (which looks like the same make)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods