How do i get text messages sent out as TEXT- Green and not Imessage Blue.
We are a family of 5 Iphones, we all share 1 appleID. The primary Iphone is a 6 when the other phones try to send a Imessage or a TEXT message the primary user who has the Iphone 6 receives everyones messages. How do we get each user to be able to send out either message without the primary AppleId owner receiving everyones texts or imessages?
- 10-07-2015, 09:10 AM #2
- 10-07-2015, 09:13 AM #3
- 7,774 Posts
Re: How do i get text messages sent out as TEXT- Green and not Imessage Blue.
You can go to Settings > Messages and turn off iMessage. You can also keep iMessage turned on and go to Settings > Messages and uncheck the shared email address from "Send & Receive", keeping just the phone number that is assigned to that particular device activated.
Or, you can save you and your family several headaches going forward by setting up separate Apple IDs for each of you. If you want the ability to share purchased apps/music/movies you can enable family sharing from the primary Apple ID by going to Settings > iCloud > Family.
Hope this helps!
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2015, 09:22 AM
- By mattmcelhannon in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-07-2015, 09:03 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2015, 08:46 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone 6Replies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2015, 08:41 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2015, 08:37 AM