Why am I getting Account already exists message when trying to add my Comcast email account to Apple mail?

I

iMore Question

Getting Account already exists message when trying to add my comcast email account to apple mail

Hello, I am trying to add my email from Comcast to apple mail. However, when I try to add the account I get the message "account already exists", I have no clue what is going. I've check Internet accounts and the account is not listed. Any help is appreciated!

Thank You!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Getting Account already exists message when trying to add my comcast email account to apple mail

At one time presuming the Native Apple email app is working properly the email had to have been used some time or another and that is why it is showing this, Can you not use another email or log unto your comcast email from the web to make sure it is ok and can be logged into.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Getting Account already exists message when trying to add my comcast email account to apple mail

You're trying to set it up as a new account. All you need do is log in with your credentials.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like you're trying to use the email you already have to set up a new account. Do a password reset on appleid.apple.com if you don't remember your login info.