iOS Update - all Mail Accounts showing as Unread
So I updated to iOS 0.9.1
- I have 3 mail accounts set up on my iPhone
- when I logged into them they all showed old mails I had previously read as being unread
- I went through them all and tapped Edit to Mark All As Read
- however every time I go into my mail it updates again and they all show as Unread again
- getting to the point where I have over a million notifications *Sigh
- I'm also one of those weird people that have a distaste for any Red notifications so you can imagine how annoying it is to see that many.
- I'm thinking just delete accounts from mail and get the apps for Google Mail
- just getting unbearable at this point
- But looking forward to anyones help if they have it
- Come On APPLE
- 09-30-2015, 05:00 AM #2
- 09-30-2015, 09:10 AM #3Banned
- 6,101 Posts
Re: iOS Update - all Mail Accounts showing as Unread
If you mail is configured as IMAP, it should not be happening for mail than has previously been marked as read. The difference between POP and IMAP is basically where the mail resides.
With POP your device gets a new, unique copy of the mail that then lives on your device, and actions taken by other devices are not reflected on other devices. With IMAP, your device is simply viewing existing mail that lives on the server, so an action by any device will be reflected on all devices that subsequently view that mail.
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 10-01-2015, 09:00 AM
- By Jwan ph in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 09-30-2015, 08:14 PM
- By Closingracer in forum iPhone 6 PlusReplies: 3Last Post: 09-30-2015, 09:04 AM
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-29-2015, 10:19 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-29-2015, 09:41 PM